Master of Molecular Science and Software Engineering
Standing at the intersection of molecular science and software engineering, UC Berkeley’s Master of Molecular Science and Software Engineering (MSSE) is a unique program that provides critical thinkers with the practical skills needed to develop sophisticated computational models to solve large-scale challenges.
MSSE Program Highlights:
- Can be completed in 24 months with flexible part-time coursework
- Hybrid-approach: two in-person Bootcamps & remote courses
- Access to faculty in both the College of Engineering and the College of Chemistry at UC Berkeley
- Career acceleration through multi-disciplinary hands-on learning
- Designed to fit your schedule with courses delivered both synchronously & asynchronously
- Curriculum that fast-tracks students in scientific backgrounds into positions of leadership developing high-end computational applications
- Opportunities to develop research skills and gain industry experience
- Connection to academia, government labs, alumni, and industry networks
- Scholarships and application waivers available
We accept applications once per year. The Berkeley MSSE application opens in September and is due in January for Fall enrollment.
Career Paths after MSSE
Scientific Software Engineer, Bioinformatics Scientist, Computational Chemist, Biochemical Engineer, Data Scientist, Cheminformatics Software Engineer