Master of Molecular Science and Software Engineering
Standing at the intersection of molecular science and software engineering, UC Berkeley’s Master of Molecular Science and Software Engineering (MSSE) is a unique program that provides critical thinkers with the practical skills needed to develop sophisticated computational models to solve large-scale challenges.
MSSE Program Highlights:
- Flexible part-time or full-time coursework
- Career acceleration through multi-disciplinary hands-on learning
- Designed to fit your schedule with courses delivered both synchronously & asynchronously
- Curriculum that fast-tracks students in scientific backgrounds into positions of leadership
- Access to faculty in both the College of Engineering and the College of Chemistry at UC Berkeley
- Opportunities to develop research skills and gain industry experience
- Connection to academia, government labs, and industry networks
We accept applications once per year. The Berkeley MSSE application opens September 15th and is due January 31, 2022 for Fall 2022 enrollment.
Career Paths after MSSE
Software Engineer, Bioinformatics Scientist, Computational Chemist, Biochemical Engineer, Data Scientist